We’re looking for Co-Leads for the 2015 Run to End Poverty (R2EP)
Engineers Without Borders Canada (EWB) is a social change incubator for people, ventures and ideas. We spark and accelerate systemic innovations in Canada and Africa that have the potential to radically disrupt the systems that allow poverty to persist. The Run to End Poverty is an award winning fundraising and awareness campaign that supports EWB’s work. The Run to End Poverty will take place on Sunday, October 18th, 2015 during the Toronto Waterfront Marathon. For more information on the Run to End Poverty, please visit www.r2ep.ewb.ca
We are looking for co-leads to organize and execute the 5th annual Run to End Poverty. These are part time volunteer positions with heavier workloads in the fall. The minimum time commitment is 7 hours per week.
Co – Lead / Recruitment
- Develop and execute an overall runner recruitment and engagement strategy for workplaces and through personal networks
- Maintain a runners list and build connections with potential participants through email, phone, text, or outreach events.
- Recruit/manage additional team members
- Chair team meetings
- Check-in with all team members regularly
- First point of contact for new inquiries
- Coordinate a cheerleading squad, contests, and other activities the day of the race
- Interface with the Engineers Without Borders National Office, EWB network, EWB Chapters, and external partners
- Main presenter at outreach events
Co-Lead / Project Manager / Fundraising
- Manage the campaign including milestones, deliverables, tasks, task owners, etc.
- Developing a fundraising strategy
- Find workplace sponsors to boost fundraising efforts
- Maintain a runners list and recruit potential participants through email, phone, text, or events.
- Interface with marathon organizers and perform administrative tasks for the race account
- Back up presenter at outreach events
- Point of contact for corporate team leads
- Compile meeting minutes and distribute to team members
- Develop a Monitoring and Evaluation Strategy