Our March Shop Day is almost here! Please join us at the EWB National Office in Toronto for a full day of discussions and networking with professionals from across the city. National conference attendees will have the opportunity to share their conference experiences and take-aways. Our keynote speaker is Todd Gordon, York University professor and author of ‘Imperialist Canada’, who will undoubtedly challenge our perceptions of Canada’s role on the global stage.
What: EWB Toronto Shop Day
When: Saturday, March 5th 2011, 10:00 am – 4:00 pm
Where: EWB National Office
- 9:30 AM: Meet & Greet Breakfast
- 10:00 AM: Ahmed from Hatch to discuss African Delegate ProgramThis year EWB Canada was able to host 20 African delegates, each representing a partner organization that we work with on the ground. Each delegate was able to spend quality time with Canadian hosts as well as Canadian employers. Ahmed will be sharing what the experience was like for Hatch employees to host Mr. Edwin from Malawi.
- 11:00 AM: Todd Gordon (Keynote Speaker) Author of ‘Imperialist Canada’ and York University Professor will share his view on the Canada’s role on the global stage, the impacts of Canadian Foreign Policy on Developing Countries.
- 12:00 PM: Networking Lunch
- 1:00 PM: EWB Conference Recap Video (David Snowden/Peter Senge) – Recap the spirit of the EWB National Conference and discuss the lessons learned and how we can apply them to our chapters. Both David Snowden and Peter Senge’s ideas encourage systems thinking and the behaviour of complex adaptive system, which organization often are, and we can discuss its application for development and leadership.
- 2:30 PM: Breakout Sessions for Groups (WFTW/Corporate Engagement/Member Learning etc.)
- 3:45 PM: Closing Notes & Shop Day Recap/Announcements
- 4:00PM: Leaders: Update on Community Building
We hope to see you there!