On your mark.. Get set.. GO!! We’re gearing up for Run to End Poverty 2012 with our sights set on smashing last year’s record! To get there we need to create a team of awesome people that can take on the critical elements of running a successful campaign. This is a great opportunity to get involved with one of ewbTO’s largest events. Check out the available positions and email our rockin’ R2EP Co-Lead Rumaan Ahmad at email@example.com.
The following are a description of all the teams we would like to have for 2012 R2EP. You can volunteer to be part of any team(s) or even better, take on the role of a team leader!
The goal of the communications team is to:
- Promote R2EP as much as possible, and ensure that participants/potential participants are well informed.
- Increase coordination between student chapters and Toronto Pro. Chapter
- Ensure communication is effective, concise, and attracts attention
- Create awareness for R2EP, EWB and partner organizations
- Ads/Recipe cards/Business cards
- Generate content for social media marketing – ex: Facebook, Twitter
- Maintenance of Toronto’s Run to End Poverty website
- Keep all participating runners up to date with the latest R2EP/EWB news and provide logistics info (ex: information for socials, race day, training, interesting articles on development or poverty etc.)
- Handle all email for Toronto@runtoendpoverty.ca and redirect as needed
Finance / Administrative Support Team
The goal of the Finance/Admin. Support team is to to ensure tracking of donations and an accurate budget is constantly maintained. In addition, the team will be responsible for tracking participation of teams/runners and resolving issues regarding their registration.
- Track expenses and monitor incoming funds
- Manage accounts for accessing and depositing funds in coordination with EWB National Office
- Oversee process for expense reimbursements
- Track participating teams / individual runners / runner packages
- Respond to registration issues
- Manage R2EP e-mail account (sorting based on content, answering when possible)
The goal of the Outreach Team is to bring on board and maintain a strong relationship with as many runners and companies by convincing them of EWB’s vision and work in Africa and at home in Canada. Creative ways to engage employees and students to attract participation and sponsorship (where available) will be key!
R2EP Toronto had 14 companies participating in 2011. This year EWB is looking forward to strengthening these ties as well expanding to bring on-board many more companies/organisations. We hope to further our engagement through lunch and learns and expanding on the role of our corporate leads.
In 2012 we would like to see participating teams from as many GTA universities, colleges and high schools as possible.
- Engage high school students
- Engage with University Chapters (help organise possible small-fundraisers on campus)
The goal of the logistics team is to organize and schedule any events leading up to the Run (ex: socials, EWB learning events) as well as organise the details of race day for all the participants running for EWB.
- Plan all details for socials/events
- Maintain calendar of running events/opportunities to promote and pass on to marketing
- Race day planning
- Post-race planning
To get involved email Rumaan Ahmad at firstname.lastname@example.org!